Friday, July 22, 2011

ONE WORD- UpDate

I'm a little late on doing my 6month up date. My OneWord this year was/is COMMITTED.

To say I haven't been focused on this word is a little bit of an understatement. There have been months that I have been great at it. and June just happened to be the strongest month so far.

In January I was Committed to my Relationship, to getting out out of Debt, to preparing for my future, (at least for the part I thought was going to happen soon).

In June I paid of the last bit of my debt, then my apartment burnt down the same day. June became as Committed to things as it possibly could. I had to commit to getting out of bed every day, and I did, I was busy every day trying to get some sort of life back. I had to be committed to work, trying not to fall apart when people would ask about SammyMac (that's the only personal thing these stores know about me) I had to be committed to getting things done because the loss is going to last for forever but I want to close the door as much as I can as fast as I can. and now I have to be committed to staying strong, because its only me dealing with it all everyday, and if I don't stay committed in my relationship with God I don't know how to get through it.

Now I'm committed to finding out what is next, what God's plan is for my life, and where he wants me to be.

Very day is a stepping stone. Press on, look forward and stay COMMITTED to your OneWord :)

1 comment:

  1. Man, you are an inspiration Jess. I'm in awe of the way you've seemed to handle all that's happened in the last several months with such grace and a quiet peace. Honored to know you girl.

    ReplyDelete