Thursday, July 14, 2011

Spoken Truth

This past Monday night I caught up with my best friend from HIGH SCHOOL. We haven't talked in almost 5 years. She is married and has a baby on the way! And just like that we were able to fill each other in on life's changes in a matter of an hour and pick up like no time has passed. Its amazing.
When I arrived back into town that night after a fast and long work day, I joined up with a few people for a glass of wine and a late night dinner and some incredibly truthful conversation. 2 out of the 4 people are new to my life and I shared a very hard, heart crushing situation with them... and they told me exactly what I didn't want to hear... The truth, the hard truth I have been ignoring for months, truth that I didn't want to admit because it makes me feel so completely foolish. Truth that has been so evident in the recent weeks It was crazy that I have not woken up out of my slumber. Truth that my counselor has been challenging me to realize for a long time but wanted me to see it on my own.

I'm SO thankful for people who speak Truth into my life, I am so thankful for new friendships that do not hesitate to be honest with me even when they know it is going to hurt.

I have no idea what God is doing in my life right now with all these changes, but I know its big and I know its coming fast.

I'm Springing Up!

1 comment:

  1. Good ole providential relationships.

    From my small group study guide:
    "God puts people in our paths that shape and influence us in extraordinary ways. Whether they are friendships we have maintained for years or new voices that drop in and out of our lives, these relationships allow us to hear from God."

    It sounds like you are going through a tough time and possibly a spiritual valley. Just remember that God is in control and He will work all things for His good.

    One of my favorite verses is:
    John 16:33
    “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

    I stumbled across your Twitter profile by following Jeff Henderson and thus found your blog. It's providential!!

    I look forward to following along and helping if I can.

    ReplyDelete