After happily bouncing into 2011 with a smile on my face and a vision of what the year was about to look like for me I was excited for what I thought would be the happiest year of my life so far...
Sadly it quickly ended up being the worst year of my life...
I rolled into 2012 in Chicago with my amazing roommate Victoria. We had a blast ringing in the New Year in one of my favorite cities.
Now its time to focus on the new year. Starting with my ONEWORD365...
Last year my word was Committed...
I was defiantly committed to things... But the one thing I was not committed enough too was trusting Jesus as my Lord and Savior and trusting him with my life.
My commitments in the wrong things caused me more pain then I have ever felt in my life. Looking back I could have saved myself a lot of pain had I been acting on what God was speaking to me.
Ive been continually challenged by my mistakes of my commitments in 2011. I took my word very serious. Ive been significantly beaten up spiritually, and emotionally and my Faith has been challenged to a breaking point I'm slightly embarrassed to admit.
Now as I seek forgiveness from God on my lack of focus on my relationship with him, trying to find forgiveness in my heart for the people/things that hurt me and trying move past the pain, I now know exactly what I need to do in this new year.
So my new OneWord365 is TRUST
I have to Trust that God knows where he has me and why
I have to Trust that I am who God says I am
I have to Trust in people again - that not everyone will lie, cheat or try to harm me
I have to Trust that God will answer my prayers
I have to Trust that my past is not my present
I have to Trust I can find happiness- In all things...All the time
I'm so excited to see how this year unfolds.
If you see me, know me, love me- challenge me to Trust in something!
love you, jess...
ReplyDelete