Thursday, June 30, 2011

Starting over...

A month ago last Friday (mostly) the last 5 years of my life turned to ashes. I received a call On June 3rd at about 4pm that my apartment complex was on fire....

(more on that later)

A few months ago I decided that I needed to start a new blog if I wanted to keep blogging. I needed to get away from using my name... I needed to start over...

My last blog was very much a healing place from the 7 years I was running from God. I was able to be vulnerable, I was able to open up about things I never had told anyone, I was able to be me. The people that took their time to email me and open up and said I helped them was enough to know I did the right thing.

But I had decided it was time to move on. To change a little on what I talk about. To move forward. I thought I was about to turn the biggest corner of my life. I just turned 30 and was experiencing what feelings that brings and I was ready to move forward on the biggest most exciting things yet to come. I thought this was going to be the best year of my life!

Then it all came crashing down... Besides the fire, life has gotten very confusing... I thought I was listening and hearing God's plan... Now I am not so sure.

But as I sit here, watching how fast the last month has gone I have realized that life is to short to wait for what I want. That I can go after most of the things I want and some of them I may not be able to have but that doesn't mean that I cant start over and be happier then I was just a few months ago.

I'm not un-happy, I'm sad. I'm strong, but I don't want to be. But I am OK.

So I hope you will continue to join me on this journey of AfterTheAshes... Life can only get better and I can not wait to see where this takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment